1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
A "hook up" of sorts.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
To eat more raw vegetables. Yes, I think I did.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, that was 2010.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More love. Et al.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Writing a draft of the diss.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Missing deadlines for the diss. Cowardice in moving.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Strained(?) knee from biking.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Dinner at Black Cypress.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My ex boo.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Besides rent? Food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being in love.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
The War on Drugs, "Taking the Farm."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? same
thinner or fatter? fatter?
richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I'll let you take a guess.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Sadly watching things fall apart.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
HOh boy did I.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. A bit more confused by some, but no hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Summer Book by Tove Jansson
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sleigh Bells? Was that 2011?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and NOT get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Bridesmaids. Which also might've been the only film I watched.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Out for dinner, I think?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Those ugly free t-shirts I get for teaching yoga.
34. What kept you sane?
A distracting love affair.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My new yogi friends from MYC and the crew from portfolio assessment.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Be less responsible.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Well, top and bottom it's all the same to me…"