1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Taught a yoga class.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I usually re-remind myself to work out, be healthy, and eat vegetables. By the next year, I need that reminder again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, I followed several pregnancies this year, but nobody really close.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Kind of, yes. He had a seizure and died, and I still think about him a lot.
5. What countries did you visit?
Zero this year, but I visited europe the year before, so I’m good for awhile.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A happy, committed relationship.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 10th. I was driving in my car to work when I got the phone call accepting me into the PhD program, everything paid.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into my PhD program
9. What was your biggest failure?
My relationship failed, I guess.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Unlimited Bikram all summer.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My brother prepping for the LSATs.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Boyfriend’s, but I’m too emotional to see that one very clearly. (and only the depressed part)
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
graduate school and moving.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Arcade Fire, Rebellion Lies
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Sadder. I am always happier when I am in a relationship.
ii. Thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer, if that is possible.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating unhealthy food.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my parents and brother.
23. How many one-night stands?
This year? Lets see… Um… Zero, I guess.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
30 Rock, The Office, and I’m loving Kath and Kim.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nobody comes to mind.
26. What was the best book you read?
Seriously? It would have to be some of the chick lit I read this summer.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Scissor Sisters, but that doesn’t count.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to get into grad school, and I did.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Sex and the City!.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27. Zai surprised me with a weekend in Vegas. I got sick there.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
Nothing. I actually, sort of went mad this fall, but thinking I’ll recover.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sarah Jessica Parker, I think.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
my friends and family in Utah.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a lot of good new people because of the move.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
to take more control over my own life
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Ain’t no sum bitch gonna treat me like a ho."